Sonntag, 20. Februar 2011

It's funny how you can forget there's a world outside yourself - Azure Ray, Leipzig 2/15/2011@Schaubühne Lindenfels

On feb 15th I went to see Azure Ray live in Leipzig, Germany. I'm not so sure anymore of the setlist they played, but there have been old and new songs. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play my current favorite on the new album "Walking in circles". And so even bigger was the surprise that they played "Raining in Athens", which is probably my all-time favrorite song by them.The location fit like no other, which was also confirmed by Maria Taylor when she said, that this was the most lovely venue where they played so far. Maria Taylor and Orenda Fink were admirable as expected. With some wine in my hand and a precious friend of mine I stood in the first row and listened to songs like "November", "If you fall", "Signs in the leaves", "Safe and sound", "Hold on love" and "The drinks we drank last night". It's true, beautiful things can come from the dark.
Also the support act Sir Simon Battle was surprisingly good. This guy is it definitely worth to keep an eye on.
Here are some photos I made. I also made some videos, but actually the quality of the sound is too bad, so I won't post them..

Sitting audience before the concert.

Maria Taylor.
Orenda Fink.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen